Product name: Acerola cherry Extract
Latin name: Malpighia glabra L
Apperance:brown yellow fine powder
Specification: Vitamin C 17%, 25%
Extract Ratio:5:1, 10:1,20:1
Part of Plant Used:fruit
Extract Method: Ethanol and Water
Acerola cherry (Malpighia glabra) is a tropical fruit-bearing shrub or small tree in the family Malpighiaceae. The common names are Acerola, Barbados cherry, West Indian cherryand wild crapemyrtle. It is known for being extremely rich in vitamin C.
Acerola is a small, fruit-bearing tree that grows in hot, dry climates. The acerola tree is sensitive to wind and not very tolerant of cold. It grows to about 15 feet high, with evergreen leaves and small, pink flowers. The small, red acerola fruits look like common cherries, blending sweet and sour in a juicy burst. Because the thin-skinned fruits are easily bruised and quickly deteriorate once picked, the fresh fruit is not distributed commercially. Acerola grows in South Texas, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, and the northern part of South America. It can also be found in India.
Acerola has one of the highest contents of vitamin C per gram of fruit. Studied in the lab, Acerola has been found to be a powerful antioxidant and have anti-tumor potential. Volatile components have been isolated from acerola fruit. One hundred fifty constituents have been identified in the aroma concentrate. Its polyphenolic compounds and high vitamin C amounts provide excellent immune system support. Acerola also contains natural B vitamins like thiamine, riboflavin and niacin. It also contains proteins, iron, calcium and phosphorus.
1. Helps the growth tissue
2. Help repair of tissue
3. Aids in the production of anti-stress hormones
4. Important role in the human metabolism
5. Protects against the harmful effects of pollution
6. Helps to prevent cancer
7. Helps to protect against infection
8. Increases the absorption of iron
9. May reduce cholesterol levels
10. Helps high blood pressure
11. Helps to prevent arthrosclerosis.
12. Essential to aid collagen formation
13. Protects against blood clotting and bruising
14. Promotes the healing of wounds and burns